Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Introduction

Hello! My name is Anthony Hayes and I am the coordinator for the Fulton County GaGenWeb Site.  I encourage all that are interested to take a look at the the World Genealogy Web Project. This project is non-profit and is run completely with volunteers. All states are listed with all their counties. This is great for researchers seeking information or that have information they would like to donate.

I have been researching my own family history for about 15 years. I was fortunate enough that I was able to pick the brains of my grandmother and mother before they passed away. Back before unlimited long distance phone calls, I was sure to run up hundred dollar phone bills every month. When my grandmother passed away I found countless records of research and information that she had collected over the years.

My father Michael Dean Hayes, son of William Harold Hayes was an only child that grew up without knowing who his father was. He met him once but only at the time did not know that it was his father. My father would often seem really sad having been deprived of his father and that side of his family. Since my father's death I have traced the family back to the early 1800's and found military records and even medical conditions from his bloodline. He would have been so proud to know this information.

It seems that I am the only person in the world that is researching the Hayes family of Coweta County Georgia. I am certain that is not true so I would love to talk with anybody that is related or interested in this family. Genealogy is my passion so I would love talking about genealogy to anybody.

Also any interest in Fulton County or information to share please contact me via email.

Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment